Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Favorite Quotes

September 30, 2013

This week was great. We got to talk to a lot of amazing people and found some new people to teach. It was an adjustment living with 2 more sisters in the apartment but they are great. Their names are Hermana Runnells and she is from Orem, Utah and Hermana Diaz who is from Argentina. They are great and they both bring something new to our little family.  We have got a lot going on here. We have a good time and I swear there is never a quiet moment. This week some stomach flu has hit the apartment so far 3 are down and I haven’t gotten it yet so I pray I don’t, but other than that we are doing great. 

I wanted to share with ya’ll some quotes I found this week:

The Holy Ghost “satisfies and fills up every longing of the human heart, and fills up every vacuum. When I am filled with that Spirit,” she continued, “my soul is satisfied, and I can say in good earnest, that the trifling things of the day do not seem to stand in my way at all. But just let me lose my hold of that spirit and power of the Gospel, and partake of the spirit of the world, in the slightest degree, and trouble comes; there is something wrong. I am tried, and what will comfort me? You cannot impart comfort to me that will satisfy the immortal mind, but that which comes from the Fountain above. And is it not our privilege to so live that we can have this constantly flowing into our souls?”  - Eliza R.Snow

I love this one cause it tells us the key to happiness when we live so the Spirit can be with us. That is how we will reach happiness even in dire situations.

“Search the scriptures—search the revelations … and ask your Heavenly Father, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, to manifest the truth unto you, and if you do it with an eye single to His glory nothing doubting, He will answer you by the power of His Holy Spirit. You will then know for yourselves and not for another. You will not then be dependent on man for the knowledge of God; nor will there be any room for speculation.”   - Joseph Smith


I love this cause I am not here asking people to believe me cause I am nothing, but I am asking them to ask God, the one person who knows all.  How can we know God;  through his work, the scriptures, and prayer. If anyone out there doesn’t know for themselves I challenge you to read the Book of Mormon and the Bible and ask God if they are true and you will get an answer - if you ask with real intent. I know that He lives and  will answer our prayers but we must always walk by faith. 

This week was sad because we talked to Ruben and he told us that Amada doesn’t want to get married so we are literally stuck and we aren’t sure what to do but we won’t give up. This week one of the less actives that helped him come back to church gave him a blessing. That was a neat moment. We also got to teach his other daughter cause she hasn’t been to church in years and wants to be more connected to God. It has been such an amazing experience watching people come back to the church and again find joy in the things that truly bring happiness. 

We had transfers this week and I am still here.  I am guessing I will leave my sector the next transfer which makes me sad cause I love the people here so very much. I will always have a little part of my heart here in Chile in El Golf that is for sure. 

If anyone who reads these has a question they want me to answer just ask and i would love to answer.  lauren.jennings@myldsmail.net

Love ya’ll


Hermana Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment