Monday, October 14, 2013

Hiking in the Andes

October 14, 2013

Dear Family

So this week was a good learning week. We had some lows and some highs and lots of appointments fall through which was hard. We did lots of door to door knocking which was pretty much not productive at all, but I did get some great flower pictures.  We also got some pretty funny excuses why people didn’t have time for us:

·
                           Like -  I’m in the shower (what.... ya we so don’t want to see you if you are in the shower....)
·         I’m English and I’ll be having my dinner now ( like I am not kidding exact words English accent and all!  haha we laughed so hard)
·         Me and my dog and cat are going somewhere (hey we can come too?...haha jk) 

AND MORE.   It was funny to hear the randomest things!

To say the least -  so members if you want your missionaries to be using their time better give us your references cause we can find people by ourselves but it’s not how this work is supposed to work.  We are a team and if we don’t work together we can’t be as successful! 

This week I wanted to share a scriptures with ya’ll that I found and it is in Jacob

Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things. Jacob 4:7

I love this scriptures so much and it’s so true.  I have seen it in real life action in my life this past week. I have flaws and I have weaknesses - some bigger than others but by being able to see them in myself I realize that I can’t do this alone, not at all.  I have had to turn to the Lord and feel His grace to help me have the power to do the things he asks of me. I love this work and I love being here in Chile. I know that this is where I belong right now. I am learning and growing in ways that I couldn’t do at home. I love just talking about the gospel with all people because it is the thing that shapes us into the beings that God wants us to be. We have a purpose in this life and we can become all that we were sent here to become only in and through our Savior Jesus Christ.  He has unlocked the gate we must enter in and then through trials and obedience we will be shaped into so much more than what we could have done by ourselves. 



So today we went on a fun excursion. We went hiking in the Andes mountains haha It was amazing and we had so much fun. I LOVED  being out in nature just soaking it all in, all that God has created for us. It’s amazing and it was a great time to think and ponder about life and what direction I want my life to go. So challenge for this week -  go outside, find the beauty that is around you and remember our Father in Heaven and how much He loves you and has given us this beautiful earth to life on and enjoy. 

Well love you all so much and know that I am doing great and working hard and learning a lot too!!!

Hermana Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment