Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Service is Fun!

August 5, 2013


So this week was a great week. 

1. The Craziest Almuerzo ever!
So this week we went to Hermana Carmens house for Almuerzo (lunch) and she was sick and was not doing so great. After we finished eating we were saying good bye to her and she went blank and started to slide down the wall. I was like, “What is going on?”  So I just guided her down to the floor and we got her some water and when she was alert again we helped her to her bed. It was some crazy stuff, but I am so thankful that we were there to help her.  I can’t imagine what would have happened if she would have been alone when this happened. 

Me and Hermana Coburn's old roommate from the MTC! small world haha


2. Moving into a New Apartment.
This week we got the keys to our new apartment which is in our same building, which is amazing!   We moved from the 7th floor to the 5th floor into our new big apartment. It was gross cause the people who left so did not clean it before they left.  So we spent all morning cleaning out our apartment. (Note to self . . . never leave a house dirty its rude... haha)  Ya we got it all clean and we moved all of our stuff in.  It is fun to live in a new place, but transfers are this Saturday and I am scared I’ll be moved out of this sector. So I am just going to enjoy this pension for the following week, but either way I’ll live with other sisters which i am really looking forward to cause I haven’t done that since the MTC and I miss it so I am looking forward to meeting some more great people. 
Me & my companion at a Temple Tour with Jorge

3, Doctors Appointment
My new goal is just really to choose to be happy all the time cause it’s the best way to live.  One day this week we went to my comps doctor’s appointment and we traveled all the way there to find out that it was cancelled and that he rescheduled the appointment for the day before. It was a bummer and at first I was bugged, but then I was like no its going to be a great day  We can choose to make situations that are kind of lame into great ones.  So just smile at everything and focus on the next task at hand. 












4. Painting Jorge’s Fence
Me being a goof!





















On Saturday we did a service project and it was so fun, we got to paint the fence of Jorge, our recent convert.  It was awesome! Jorge didn’t believe I had painted before and I was like I so have painted a ton. When we were done, he was like that is better than I could have done it.  We had a great time and then we had a barbeque.  It was so good as Sunday was Fast Sunday which would be the first time Jorge was going to fast, so we all started our fasts together.  It was precious. It has been so neat seeing Jorge progress and learn about the gospel and to see all the changes he is making in his life.
Job all done!


5. Home Made Plan of Salvations http://mormon.org/beliefs/plan-of-salvation
This week we taught the lesson on the Plan of Salvation a ton and we were like, “We need to make a paper Plan of Salvation to help people learn better.”  It is easier to visualize the Plan of Salvation with something concrete to look at. So we went  crafting and cute and colored and laminated missionary style. We used the clear tape, the name of it escapes me right now, haha and when we were done they were pretty cute.  I will send a picture.  So the funny thing was mine was small and I needed a tiny man to be the person in my Plan de Salvacion and it was so funny cause I found a tiny picture of JC,  and yep JC you are now a part of my Plan of Salvation and you will change lives here in Chile haha.  It’s so funny! 



6. Some Things I Learned this Week. 
This week I had my testimony strengthened on the importance of fasting http://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/fast-fasting?lang=eng and how we really can receive answers to our prayers when we fast. Also how it is so important to study our scriptures every day, because it just makes you happy and helps you keep an eternal perspective.  I love being a missionary so very much and teaching people every day is such a blessing.  I learn more and more and it is so neat to see others learn also.  I see how the Lord is really blessing us in our work and how I can speak Spanish - that in itself is a miracle! I am thankful every day for my calling as a missionary and  I never want to come home!  (well the other day I did see a Liller dog and I wanted to cry), but really ya’ll will have to come visit me in Chile, cause I love it here! I pray for ya’ll always and hope you guys have such a great week! 

Love,


Hermana Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment