Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Miracles Do Happen!

August 12, 2013

So lots of stories

1. Miracle with Pamela Pena
So I think I have told ya’ll that we needed a new apartment and the realtor that helped us find one is now our investigator.  We are teaching her and she is so prepared. We had an appointment with her this week, but she didn’t show up so we ran to catch a bus to go to another person’s house.  We rode on the bus for a while until our stop and as everyone was getting off the bus we were in the back.  Normally I try to get off the bus as fast as possible but there was a lady sitting down in front of me and something told me to stop and let her go first - like a strong impression, the Spirit.  So I stopped and I was a little puzzled why cause my comp was behind me waiting, but I did and like 1 minute went by and then this lady got up but first she turned around and lo and behold it was Pamela Pena!  It was crazy!   We both started screaming and hugging like a bunch of girls!  haha  It was the best!   We all got off the bus and we happened to be by Jorge’s house (our recent convert) so we went to his house to get out of the cold to teach her a lesson.  It was so neat cause Jorge bore his testimony and the lesson not only helped Pamela learn about the Plan God has for her but helped Jorge’s testimony grow. It was a miracle cause God placed us in the right place, at the right time.  It was such a testimony builder for me of how important it is to listen to the Spirit and to act on promptings.  I love being a missionary and teaching people.   It is so cute  because Pamela says to me, “I am your Chilean mom” haha but the bummer is she doesn’t live in my sector. 

2. Happy birthday mom
So on your birthday I say Happy Birthday all day to you and I walked in the streets it was lots of fun and it made me think of how grateful I am to have you as a mom.  Sure do love you!

3. Crazy landlord....
This week was insane we moved apartments and had to deep clean the old one and the new one! This week was a blur of cleaning, moving, and doctors’ appointments for my comp. It was crazy!  Like Friday we spent almost he whole day trying to get the old apartment ready for the lady who owns it and she was so grumpy and mean and of course I was the translator for Elder Fisher who is in charge of the apartments.  He doesn’t speak Spanish. The lady was mean to me and I was like ok this is not my fault and she wasn’t listening – she was just freaking out. So lesson learned, “Freaking out is crazy, don’t do it and listen to people and don’t be crazy!” We finally got everything worked out around 5pm... ya lots of lost time but some things just need to get done.  We did hit the jack pot cause when we went to throw some trash away we found a sofa that someone had thrown away.  It was a nice black leather one !  I love rich people trash!  We took it and now it looks great in our new apartment hehehe.  In our storage closet we have in the bottom of our building we found like missionary Christmas pamphlets, pictures, CD’s of music and more it was great. I don’t know why we didn’t know this stuff was down there but it was so great! 


4. I’m going to be a Mom
I am going to be training a new missionary starting tomorrow. I am so pumped for this adventure and I love that new start feeling that I have right now. I hope that I can be a good example for my new companion and help her become an amazing missionary.  I hope that I can learn from her a ton too!!! I will let ya’ll know all about her next week!!!   It was so fun cause we got to go to a training meeting and I finally got to see Hermana Cisneros and it was so fun we were like screaming and hugging for 5 minutes it was good to see her. Ya I am so pumped to meet my new comp tomorrow and the great thing is that my comp Hermana Rivera is still going to live with me – as our new apartment will house 2 sets of sister missionaries -  she is a hoot and we have so much fun together! Hermana Rivera will get a new companion tomorrow also.

5.  Chilean Missionary Serving in Atlanta
OK fam there is an Elder (the son of my stake president) that is in the Georgia Atlanta mission and he is in Douglasville and his name is Elder Martinez so if ya’ll could find him or ask the mission pres about him and tell him his family says hi, that would be neat. We switched places haha! 

This week was a great week. It was neat cause like we finally got into some people’s houses that were never home and had really great lessons. Like Irma for example she said, “it’s crazy all the opposition that has been in my way in letting ya’ll in, it is like someone doesn’t want me to talk to yall.”  I was like “yep that would be satan” haha Ya she was like “I feel good when you are here” and I am so excited to teach her more cause the message we teach is true!!!! I love seeing the growth in people as they learn about the gospel and they change their lives. I know that this church is true and that this work is so important. Love ya’ll so very much!

Grandma aw she sent me some clothes and they are the cutest!  One sister missionary was like, “Dang my grandma doesn’t have style”  and i was like, “Mine does and is the best!!!” Can you tell grandma that I love the clothes so very much and I am having such a fun time wearing them.  I wish I was there to give her a hug but we will just have to rain check the hug till I come back but love you grandma thanks for thinking of me and know that I am always praying for you!!!! Love ya’ll!!!

Hermana Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment