Monday, July 22, 2013

Trouble on the Bus

July 22, 2013

I just want to say that the Lord will put tender mercies in our lives when times are hard. I have seen that in my life this week. This week was hard, but I think we all have hard weeks but we can’t let weeks like these define us they are the past and we can determined to have better tomorrows. 

This week I had the chance to leave my sector and head out of El Golf the land of the Quicos.  I went to a different part of Chile and I felt like I had left America.  Where I am now is really no different than Atlanta – just another big city.  It was a good experience. I was in a trio for the splits cause my sister training leader is training 2 sisters and being in a trio is weird and hard. It’s hard to know when to talk but ya I am thankful to be with my companion. She is so great and we are good friends.  I just love her so much! She is really patient with me as I learn Spanish and helps me speak better.  This week was weird cause Spanish was extra hard and I was having a really hard time understanding, but today its going better. 

This week we got to go to the dentist cause my comp has a cavity.  When we were on our way home we were on a bus and I ran out of money on my bus card. We were like in the middle of nowhere so we got on and of course with my luck the bus patrol people got on  the bus also.  They scan everyone’s bip to see if you paid and if you didn't they kick you off the bus and you have to pay an 80 dollar fine! ... yes 80 dollars, what! So of course I hadn't paid cause my card had no money and they guy comes up and scans my card and it beeped indicating that I had not paid..... my heart dropped.   I am not sure what happened next but he passed by me.  At this time I was having struggles with Spanish and I was so confused. There were some Elders with us cause they went to the dentist too and the Gringo said that he let me slide for some reason,  my comp says it was because I put on my “gringo no comprendo”(this is really bad Spanish haha)  “face” bhahha! Ya I lucked out and said a prayer of gratitude after that. 

We finally found a place to live and its awesome cause it is in our same building.  Who knows if I will ever get to live there, but I’ll go where the Lord wants me to go the next transfers. The neat thing was that we started teaching our Realtor at one of our appointments and she is really interested. We are sending some missionaries to her house cause she doesn't live in our sector, but it was so neat there are missionary opportunities everywhere. 

This week was interesting; it was my first time that I ate something on my mission that made me so very sick.... like I could not leave the house sick!  It’s all good I am now going to turn down anyone that tries to give me seafood because  I so don’t want to do that again. Usually I love the food. 

I would like to end with my testimony of temples.  This week I have been studying the purpose of temples because we have been teaching lessons about temples.   I have really  felt the spirit so strong that the temple literally is the house of God and how important it is to  live worthy to enter Gods house.   It is important to be sealed to your family forever and I am of thankful for that in my life. I know families can be together forever through the sealing power of the temple. http://www.lds.org/church/temples/why-we-build-temples?lang=eng

Santiago Chile Temple
The temple lifts us, exalts us, stands as a beacon for all to see, and points us toward celestial glory.

Love ya’ll so much,

Hermana Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment