Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Love Little Children!

July 1, 2013

This week was a great week! So this week I finally got my carnet!( my visa). It was sure a trip getting there. It was like one of those times we took the long way (3 wrong buses later and lots of walking)  where we could have just hopped on the metro and gotten there in like 3 stops... ! Ya you learn from experiences like this, but it was fun because I got to see Hermana Willard one of my dear friends in the mission and we wouldn’t have seen her if we had taken the fast way= definitely a tender mercy of the Lord.
Spanish is getting better and better each day and sometimes I forget words in English...whoops. This week we went to a members house for almuerzo (lunch) and their family is super musical.  Their dad is in charge of EFY in South America or something like that so they translated the EFY songs into  Spanish and they said they are going to give  us a copy.  I am obsessed with it! That was a huge highlight because I don’t have any music in Spanish.

Transfers were this week so in district class we took lots of pictures and Nemo got to be in them! haha Ya he vacations all over the mission it’s funny.  Ya I love my district and we only have one person who left cause he went home.  I am so grateful that I get to stay in El Golf.  I just love it here and the people they are amazing! I am now scared that I will leave next transfer. I really don’t want to. 
Me and Hermana Silva and Nemo haha he is going to go home with her when she goes home to Columbia in November


Me and Elder Garcia de Peru

Me and all the Sister's in my Zone

My district minus Elder Carleson and Elder Palmer
Me and Elder Jardon
Me and Elder Aravena

My comp me and Elder Palmer who went home today

We still haven’t found a new place to live so we are still just 2 sisters living in a high rise in the city, but sometimes I feel like I am like fancy camping. haha   The closet rod broke and we live out of suit cases and I sleep in a sleeping bag every night hehe but we might be able to find a place to live for next transfer.
Santiago - Big City Missionary!


The little Chilean children love me heheh and I love them more!  One of them always is like Hermana Jennings haha Her dad told me that one day this week she was in her  carseat and she started to yell Hermana Jennings help me bahaha I laughed so hard! On Sunday we have a recent convert who has a son who is 3 and he didn’t want to go to Primary so he came to our class and he was kinda noisy so he sat by me and I showed him pictures in all of my pamphlets and in the gospel principles book so his mom could learn, cause that is what is most important. He was really cooperative with me and it was fun. By the end of the 2 hours of church he learned to fold his arms when we prayed and we led the music together in the back of Relief Society and he now knows how to shake hands. I was fun teaching him and one day I wants lots of kids cause they are so great!, but ya but not anytime soon.

We have 2 baptisms for this Sunday and I am so excited.  Our investigators are like polar opposites, but that just goes to show that the gospel works for everyone. Jorge is so funny he is just a funny guy.  He calls us every time he has read a bunch in the Book of Mormon and he was like, “I hope ya’ll don’t leave and he called to make sure we didn’t get transferred. He is always saying he is the black sheep of all the investigators but the change I've seen in him is incredible!  To see in a suit and a tie on Sunday was amazing and he hates ties. It is so true that the gospel of Jesus Christ really changes people.  Ruben is our other investigator and he is an older gentleman and he is so studious and loves the gospel so much.  He really is solid they both are and it is so fun to have the privilege to teach them. They are so solid and they never question anything we taught them.  They have a testimony and they accepted all the commandments of God and they just want to change for the better.  They are inspiring to me and lots of other people.

This week we went to my grandma’s house (my Chilean grandma)  don’t worry Grandma
Emery you still are my number one grandma love you!!  She is so precious she calls me her nineta and I call her my abuela it’s the best.


My comp is the best!  I really love her and we have a good time together she calls me her “freakin’ gringo” it’s so funny. We are always swapping stories and she is hilarious.  We love to sing that song from Titanic, that Celine Dion sings, out loud as we walk home every night.  It’s so funny. haha  Ya I learn from her each day and we love El Golf.

Me and Soledad 

I know that being a missionary is the best ever and that I know that this Gospel is true.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he died for us and that through him we can repent.  I know that the Atonement is real because I have felt its cleansing power in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it testifies of Christ.  I know that this Gospel is true and that we have a living prophet today Thomas S  Monson and that if we persevere we can live with god forever with never ending happiness.

Hermana Jennings
So this week we needed more Books of Mormon so we got this box of 32 and it was so freaking heavy and we carried it all the way home and these are the pictures of us being so tired hahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment