Monday, March 31, 2014

We have a Purpose on Earth

March 31, 2014

So this week was a great one here is what I learned

Tuesday:  During my personal study I have been really trying to study the scriptures and really get the meaning out of them.  I am taking my time and really trying to internalize the truths in the scriptures. Our president of our mission told us that if we study like that and study for ourselves or for questions we have then something we study will be exactly what someone needs that day. I thought that was so neat so I gave it a try. I am reading this talk about who were before this life and how that can help me understand my purpose in this life. I feel if I don’t understand who I was and the choices I made then I can never understand my potential here. It lead to an intense study that was great.  Then I read the scripture Abraham 3:22-23 about how we were noble and great before this life and how here we must remember that.  This is where our true colors shine. We may have been  noble and great, living with God but the veil takes off our masks and reveals who we really are when  we don’t live in the presence of God. I was just thinking how important it is to know and remember who we are and that nothing is more important than God,  praying, scripture study, and going to church. This day we had the opportunity to go visit a family who is not inactive but has not been coming regularly to church like they should.  I shared this scripture with them and it was amazing because I asked them for any comments.  The father said, “Thanks for that;  we had been distancing ourselves from the church lately and I could feel the spirit testifying to me that these things are true and that we need to make some changes in our lives”. It was amazing that by just reminding people who they really are we can help them better fulfill their purpose here in this life. I am so grateful that the Lord led us to their house yesterday because they needed that reminder. I know that the Lord guides us in this work and that happenstance doesn’t exist. God’s hand is in everything.

We are teaching this couple named Maria and Sergio and they are so great. They are reading the Book of Mormon and really have open hearts to listen so pray for them that they can continue to progress.

Ok so miracle! Andres got over his beef with leaders. He has had a complete change of heart and it’s crazy! We went over there Friday and had the neatest lesson with them. They now are teachable and we now can help them progress because they have dissolved their hate. Let’s just say it was a tender mercy of the Lord because this week was rough!   I know that the Lord does visit his people in their afflictions, Mosiah 24:14. We are striving to help unify this branch and experiences like this with Andres makes me believe that step by step it is possible.We have a ways to go but we are determined and know that all is possible with the Lord and in His timing. 

love you  guys

Hermana Jennings 


No comments:

Post a Comment