January 6, 2014
Hey there ya’ll ( I miss the south haha)
So this week was full of all sorts of adventures so here they are:
1. Directions Pirque Style
So earlier this week we were looking for someone we have in our area book and we were lost because my comp and I really don’t know the area that well yet because we both are new, so we just asked someone. The lady then gave us these set of directions- ok so you’ll wanna go straight and then take a right at the cow, cross 2 bridges and its on the other side.... I was like say what? “right at a cow”. . . Well we followed the directions to the best of our abilities and of course we got lost, but Pirque is the prettiest place to get lost in. We ended up in a field with a mom horse and her baby with the mountains as their background. Definitely took some pictures. I sure love the country folk here!
2. Temple with Patricio y Pierre
So this week we got to do a tour of the temple with a recent convert Patricio and his son Pierre, who will be getting baptized this Sunday. It was such a neat experience because they are so awesome and they both have such a desire to learn and to stay strong in the gospel. I am really lucky to have been able to meet them and help them come unto Christ . It’s weird cause I went to a 15 min trip to get to the temple to a 1 and a half hour trip to get to the temple, but it so worth it
3. Met my first really, really drunk guy on my mission - it was really sad cause all he does is drink every day. It hurts his family cause we talked to his mom for a bit and she is so sad and doesn’t know what to do cause she is like 80 and her 40 year old son is still drinking every day for 20 years now. It’s so sad and we tried to go see him but I think the drinking has done something to him. So moral of the story - don’t drink your life away.
4. New Year’s goals
Ok so we all need to make goals they are way important and my challenge for ya’ll is to write down some goals for this year 2014. Here are mine. I did it a little different this year - I did a “quote goal thing” Here they are:
1. The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life, attitude to me is more important than facts. it’s more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It’s more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill, it will make or break a company, a church, a home. The remarkable thing is that we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act a certain way we cannot change the inevitable. the only thing we can do is play on the one string we have and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it and so it is with you, we are in charge of our own attitudes.
2. Observing the Sabbath is not a restriction but a protection and a source of strength.
3. God has a purpose and plan for us we need to put our will in line with Gods will then we will understand the plan He has for us.
4. It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
5. When we serve others our own burdens become lighter.
6. To love is to risk not being loved in return, to hope is to risk pain, to try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
7. If life gets too hard to stand. Kneel.
8. It may not always be easy, convenient, or politically correct to stand for truth and right, but it is the right thing to do – always.
9. A minute of self-control leads to a lifetime of discipline.
10. Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain and feel the wind.
11. Don’t cry because it’s over smile because it happened
12. Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift that the power of work is a blessing that the love of work is success.
13. May your efforts to develop Christ-like attributes be successful so that His image may be engraved in your countenance and His attributes manifest in your behavior.
14. Who you are in the hereafter depends on who you are after here.
15. A true friend makes it easy to life the gospel.
16. The day obedience becomes a desire and not a burden is the day you gain power.
5. The crazy huge spider
So last night we had quite a fright cause this spider decided to join us who was the size of a half dollar... ya we screamed like girls and somehow Hermana Huber killed it! hahah
6. Saved the Best for Last
So Pierre is getting baptized this Sunday and I am so very excited. He really studies the stuff and wants to follow his Savior. I love teaching him and his dad who is a recent convert.
Well I hope all is well with ya’ll and that you are excited for this new year. Make the most of it cause it’s going to be a great one for sure! Well love ya’ll and see ya’ll in 6 months.