Monday, November 4, 2013

Earthquake!!!

I felt an earthquake this week which was a crazy experience for sure. It was like the weirdest thing we were sitting in a lesson talking about the Book of Mormon and I looked over and the rocking chair started to rock and I was like what no one is near that (it did happen to be Halloween and I was like, "Is that a ghost... just kidding?).  Then I started feeling queezy and the room was literally moving forward and backward. We were in a high rise building and I was so confused and freaked out all at the same time. After the earthquake we pretty much had to end the lesson cause we were all freaking out. The setting was so not right for a lesson, but it was a neat experience.  9 months in chile and finally I get to feel an earthquake.

This week we did a lot of service projects which were fun.  Some things I learned: 1) don't be a pack rat like really some stuff is so unnecessary; like 8 different sets of china are unnecessary.  
  haha We  helped an elderly woman and her husband pack up her china and kitchen and it was crazy stuff; like an all day long project.  It was fun cause her daughter in law was there.  She is from Russia so we talked the whole time in English and Spanish - fun stuff.

This week I have been studying Jesus the Christ and the Old Testament a ton. I have learned so many things and I just have this desire to learn like none other. I am loving the mission so much and I love that I get to stay in my ward El Golf for another 6 weeks which is great.  All the members were excited that I got to stay. I am like one of the family and I really love them. We are working on being more united as a ward and with the missionaries and I am excited for what the future holds for sure. Sunday was so neat cause I got to translate for a new couple who moved here from England and the young wife can't speak Spanish so I translated for her in Relief Society and it is the neatest thing to translate.  I really enjoy translating cause its just a neat thing cause I have no idea how I do it,  but I do it anyways. Also I really listen to the lesson and get to hear the lesson in 2 languages and I learn so much more.


We have been finding more investigators and we are excited for this week.  haha We even got contacted (um they ended up wanting to take us out to lunch... um no.... passing that reference onto the elders haha ) All and all I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be Hermana Leishmans comp she is the best and helps me be better each day. I am learning so much and I love doing what we do everyday. I have so much to be thankful for and that is my challenge for all of ya'll this week. Be thankful for everything and have prayers of thanksgiving.  It is the month of Thanksgiving anyways. It's weird cause it is starting to get so hot here and its November, haha but love ya'll so much have a great week.


Hermana Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment