Tuesday, November 26, 2013

There are no Coincidences in Life

November 25, 2013

Dear Family,

So this week was so great. The members really pulled through this week and our appointments didn't fall through. We had lots of great lessons and the people here are progressing and I am just loving it so much. But I am going to tell ya’ll my favorite story from this week.




So this week we were sitting on a bench eating dinner and honestly I so didn't want to get up and do missionary work.... yep us missionaries are not super humans and love everything we do all the time.  Like we just walk up to random people on the street and tell them about Jesus which is great, hahah but I am a firm believer that we can change our attitudes.  So I finished my sandwich and told my comp "I so am not feeling like doing this so let’s pray."   That we did and afterward we started heading back down apoquindo (a street) ha ha. I was just praying for a miracle and to be guided by the spirit.   We saw this lady and I was like,  "Hola somos misioneras y tenemos una mensaje sobre jesucristo." She was like, "Hi i have heard of ya’ll before” (she spoke in English)   We were like "Really?" and she is like, “I have  a friend that is Mormon and I have some questions for you."  Then she starts to ask us tons of questions and we answer. Then she is like, "Hey let's go get ice cream and we can talk more about this. She treated us to ice cream and we had a lesson with her. It was weird cause it was in English.  She is from Brazil and speaks like 5 different languages. She is so amazing and really is searching for the truth. We pretty much taught her all the lessons cause we just answered all her questions and then we gave her a Book of Mormon (this book has changed my life well that and the bible together) and she was so thankful. Then she asked if she could come to church with us Sunday and she did. She had read all the way to 1 Nephi 5 by Sunday.  She is so great, but the bummer thing is that she is going back to Brazil in 2 weeks.  We will definitely be letting the missionaries in Brazil know about her and she is such an awesome person!!!! It was a miracle because she said she had some random feeling to go get ice cream and we just happened to be there.

We got to help out with something called the CVC this week where we give tours of the church for all of those that want to see what we do on Sundays.  We got to give the tours.  It was really great because lots of people came and we met some great people.
Today I learned how to make empanadas and they are so good I'll definitely be making some for y'all when I get home!!! They are to die for!

Here's a scripture that I love.   Enjoy!

Alma 26:37
Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

I love this scripture because: 1) God knows us and He is aware of us and 2) it says to always give thanks forever to God.  It was perfect because this week it's Thanksgiving.   We had our Thanksgiving feast last week, but eat lots of food for me!

Love ya’ll,

Hermana Jennings (Lauren)
Us making juice at the ward activity - It is super warm here right now and does not feel like November!

No comments:

Post a Comment