Monday, April 14, 2014

No Power

April 14, 2014

So this week was great! I learned that sometimes you have to push through to the end to receive the blessings. We started off the week visiting Maria and Sergio and they gave us the news that Maria has cancer. We walked into their home and right as I walked I could feel something was not right. My comp started the lesson and then i asked if everything was alright in their family. Maria started to cry and told us the news. We then shared with them the hope we can find through Christ and we ended with a hymn, Quedate conmigo Senor, it was a neat moment. She felt the peace that comes from the spirit and we are going to continue to work with them and pray for her. (Elath – not sure what this means).


So another neat story we went to at lunch at a members house and their grandmother came over for lunch and I got to share a scripture with them and I read Helaman 5:12 and she was like that is exactly what we believe.  She is of another faith.  It was neat because I listened to her testimony for a good while.  I was then able to give her a Book of Mormon because I asked her if she enjoyed the scripture and she said yes and I was like, “Would you like a copy of the Book of Mormon?” and she said yes.  Then later we were doing service with this same family and she was sitting on the couch reading the Book of Mormon! So awesome!

We are also teaching this 16 year old girl named Carla her family are members but she isn’t but her family is less active and we have started teaching her. She is (demasiado?) shy.  This week after like 4 visits she is really opening up to us and  it was so neat because she told us,  “I just feel good inside”  and I was like,  “That is the spirit testifying of the truth of these things.”  It was so neat. She has had a rough go of life so far and she is starting to realize the joy that one can find in the gospel.

 So this week I have been working on being more bold  - you know like sin is sin and we are here to call others to repent. We have been telling people to get married – when they are living together, forgive others and come back to church, etc. And you know what it went well and they agreed. I was shocked really but you know it’s important to be bold, but you must do it with love because without love it really has the opposite effect.  We told these people to repent because we loved them dearly and we wanted them to have these blessings and we must help them realize their sins so that they can change and come unto Christ. I  just love the people here and i feel some neat things are coming real soon!

 Did I mention we were without power for 4 days! haha It was quite an adventure. I felt like we were camping as we came home at night and used candles to read and plan and were cut off from music, blow dryers, heaters, washing machines, dryers, microwaves etc. I already sleep in a sleeping bag anyways - it was a lot like camping hahha Once we got the problem solved we got lights back Saturday night.   I am just thankful we had gas and hot showers and our stove is gas powered so we could heat up food. Got to love the adventures of the mission!

Paula and Andres brought home baby Jaime from the NICU and now they just have to get married so they can get baptized. It’s been a week of miracles because we are now teaching the parents of Andres.  His dad was so not receptive before but now he is and yes they need to get married too!  So we are working on that and teaching them the gospel. I sure love this family and ya’ll are going to meet them when you come to pick me up! The sad thing is their other son has has some struggles.  Can I just say to whoever is reading this not to do drugs they aren’t cool. They ruin familias. But other than him we have seen the gospel unite the other members of their family so step by step they are progressing.

Well all in all we are doing good working hard going through good and bad days just like you guys. Well love you all so much! 

Hermana Jennings

 Please watch this - it is wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment