Sunday, February 10, 2013

Arrival at the MTC - January 16, 2013

Arriving at the MTC was so fun. Liz dropped me off and she started to cry and I cried a little I sure love her and her family they are so great! I went in a met my companion and we went to an orientation thing and then they threw a group of us in a room with an investigator and we had to group teach them. The teacher said go and there was silence... and I was sitting there and the first thing I thought of was you mom I was like she would have spoken up 5 seconds ago - so because of your fearless example and the love of the gospel I was the first one to speak up. My companion & I started tag teaming and it was great! Thanks for teaching me to not be afraid!

Lauren's friends form BYU came to see her off
Lots of heavy bags!


















So days at the MTC are amazing they seem to last forever but the weeks go by super-fast, it is weird how that works. A neat experience we had was on Sunday when we got to go to the movies (well it’s just talks they play in the MTC) we saw one by Elder Bednar. He talked about the characteristics of Christ. He talked about how we need to be as Christ and turn outward and not inward. It was one of those life changing experiences and it motivated me to look outward to others needs and not mine. The whole point about a mission is to serve others. Our purpose is to bring others unto Christ because this gospel is amazing and brings so many blessing into your life. Today is P day and we get to go to the temple this morning. It was a crazy experience. My companion is named Hermana Hanson and she is 19 just like me. She is from South Jordan, Utah and wants to be a nurse too and she currently is a EMT. We are so similar, yet so different all at the same time and I just love her so much. I know that being her companion is why, or one of the reasons why, I needed to be here 6 weeks early. We have been to similar trials and I have never met someone who has been through trials like mine. It made me so sad that that happened to her too but it really was amazing because I could see the hand of the Lord in my life I know He sent Hermana Hanson in my life to help me and I am so thankful for her and Gods awareness of us individually. So anyways back to the temple . . . right as we were about to go in a man yells, “Someone help, go get help!” We run over to the man and there was an elderly lady to had fallen because the sidewalks were so icy and she hit her head and blood was everywhere. I got an Elders umbrella and held it over her while the man and the Elders helped her sit down on a bucket full of salt we flipped over to make a makeshift chair. While I held the umbrella Hermana Hanson took off her scarf and the man wrapped it around her wound till the paramedics got there. Hermana Hanson took her pulse and it was really fast so we told her to take deep breaths and I talked to her to help her not to go into shock. The Elders just came right in and gave her a blessing. The paramedics finally came and helped her and I think she is going to be fine. It was such a neat experience and after it was all said and done Hermana Hanson & I had blood all over our skirts, but we went to the temple anyways. It was such a neat experience I just knew that this is where I am supposed to be right now and that the Lord is real and that He does have a plan for us. Lucky for us it is P day and we washed our skirts and all the blood came out!

Gives you chills to see those Elder's out there Serving!
Hermana Lauren Jennings


















My district is the best! I love all the Sisters and Elders in there and I love my Zone, we are all really close already and I feel like we are one big happy family. We sure have a lot of fun and sure do work hard all at the same time. My Spanish is coming along. I have learned so much in only a week!!! We have already taught our actor investigator 3 times in all Spanish. It is amazing because the gift of tongues is real because I can see it in my life. Our purpose is to bring others to Christ and if we focus on that our language skills will come faster as we keep our focus in the right place.
Lauren's MTC District
I love the MTC so much and I love the gospel even more. I found a mission scripture it is D&C 29: 4-6.

  "Verily, I say unto you that ye are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump. Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father; and it is his good will to give you the kingdom. And, as it is written—Whatsoever ye shall ask in faith, being united in prayer according to my command, ye shall receive."

 I just want to end and tell you that this gospel is true and that Christ is our Savior and he loves us so very much!!!

 Hermana Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment