Monday, September 9, 2013

The Love of Jesus Christ

September 9, 2013

So all is good here in Santiago Chile and I love El Golf so much.  It is now my home cause I have been here for more than 6 months and I never want to leave. We have been progressing with Nelson more and more.  He really is so great and his family is the best.  His wife just joined the church in May and she is amazing.  Nelson joined the church when he was little but then went inactive so we are teaching him the gospel.  He came to the ward activity that we had this week to celebrate the birthday of Chile. It was so great to see him meeting people and just having a good time.  I love to see how the gospel changes people and brings families together.  It was so neat to see Paulina and her whole family in the church together. The ward activity was amazing!  It was just a neat feeling to walk into the cultural hall and just see so many people that I have come to love.   I love each and every one of them and they have touched my life in  different ways.  It has been great to see the people that have been reactivated and the recent converts at the activity  - it was just a neat feeling. 

So this week we went on splits. I am so thankful to have Hermana Leishman as a comp that’s all I am going to say. She really is an amazing missionary and a dear friend of mine. It’s funny cause sometimes people ask her if she understands and she is like “si” and then I whisper to her,  “Did you really understand,” and she is like,  “Not a word” haha I remember those days! Good times haha It is neat to look back and see how far I have come as a person and as a missionary on my mission. 

This week I had one of the most spiritual experiences on my mission and one of the most heartbreaking ones at the same time. We went by a members house cause the Relief Society president said that she was having a hard time.  As we started talking to her she just told me, “I have lost my faith I don’t want to do this anymore.” She really has been through so much and as I heard that I just started to cry with her.  I could literally feel the love God has for her and how He did not want her to give up.   I just started to tell her how much God does love her and how she has a divine potential. I explained that it was not all for nothing and that trials are part of this life and that I wasn’t going to let her give up. We promised we would be there for her and that we were going to take baby steps and that as a witness of Jesus Christ I know that he loved her and that he atoned for her sins and that she can find peace. It was amazing to feel such a love for someone and it made me realize that God just really loves us and he wants all of his children to make it back to live with Him. He never will forsake us and we can always feel His love.  We just need to ask for Him for his love and we will find it. I know that we do have a loving Heavenly Father that cares for each one of us, his children, and that this life is hard but it will be worth it in the end. 

My companion and I have tackled the job of fixing the ward list.  There are like so many people on there that don’t live in El Golf anymore or are inactive and no one knows them.  We have set out on the task to find everyone.  So far we have to find 80 people to fine,  but it will feel so great when we finished, because an accurate ward list with all of menos activos is really helpful for missionary work. We have also been organizing the area book because it has been crazy cause we got the Elders old one and it is nice to know that I can count on Hermana Leishman to help me.  I don’t have to do everything by myself - she has been a blessing in my life that’s for sure!  We are going to tackle that project.  I love this work so much. I love ya’ll and miss ya’ll! 


Hermana Jennings




No comments:

Post a Comment